Inclusion into cl-test-grid

Ian Tegebo ian.tegebo at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 17:50:46 UTC 2016

On Fri, Apr 29, 2016 at 8:39 AM, Raymond Toy <toy.raymond at gmail.com> wrote:

> some of the failures are really hard to fix, so they
> don't get fixed.  Some of the tests, while correct, I refuse to do
> anything about

Ah! I think that'd be useful to have captured, formatted, and distributed,
e.g. for people concerned with portability.  There doesn't need to be, but
I'm not arguing against, some moral judgement wrt to passing/failing
tests.  You can trade it for greater visibility in how implementations, and
perhaps versions of the same implementation, vary over time.

With that info in hand, someone could build the CL equivalent of
http://caniuse.com/ (or add it into cl-test-grid's reporting).

When I do run ansi-tests on the rare occassion, it's mostly now as a

regression

That's a great point.  I imagine one might run ansi-test and then have some
comfortable means to annotate discrepancies.  Those annotations could then
be used as a baseline for subsequent versions.  Including the deltas in
release notes would be nice.

--
Ian Tegebo