Inclusion into cl-test-grid

Ian Tegebo ian.tegebo at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 02:31:41 UTC 2016

In reading through the history and issues of ASDF [1], I came across
complaints that various LISP implementations were broken in ways that
complicated its development.  Thinking that there must be a conformance
test suite out there, I found ansi-test.

I'd also come across cl-test-grid [2], which would seem like a great way to
both exercise ansi-test and at the same time gain some insight into why a
set of libraries might fail on a given implementation (e.g. because of
non-conformance as seen through ansi-test results).

I shot a quick email to the cl-test-grid and no red flags were raised [3].
Also, it looks like the Roswell project might be useful in bootstrapping
implementations for testing [4].  Lastly, there's a thread in cl-test-grid
discussing possible use of hosted testing providers which may be of some
interest for multi-platform work [5].

Do you think it makes sense to include ansi-test into cl-test-grid?

[1] http://fare.tunes.org/files/asdf3/asdf3-2014.html
[2] https://github.com/cl-test-grid/cl-test-grid
[3] https://groups.google.com/d/topic/cl-test-grid/SgT6MZBkjlI/discussion
[4] https://github.com/roswell/roswell