[ansi-test-devel] STRING-IS-NOT-VECTOR-OF-CHARACTER.1

Sam Steingold sds at gnu.org
Thu Apr 15 13:39:04 UTC 2010

On 4/15/10, Raymond Toy <toy.raymond at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/14/10 1:45 PM, Sam Steingold wrote:
> > On 4/14/10, Raymond Toy <toy.raymond at gmail.com> wrote:
>  >> CMUCL currently fails that test (and related) tests because base-char
>  >>  and character are the same.  (I think that's what this test assumes.)
>
> I'm confused.  How is this supposed to fix the issue?

I mis-read your question.
sorry.

>  With cmucl,
>  character and base-char are the same and extended-char is empty.

same in clisp:

[1]> (subtypep 'character 'base-char)
T ;

> Thus
>  the first subtypep* will return T.

nope. this test is marked (:nil-vectors-are-strings):

[2]> (subtypep 'string '(vector character))
NIL ;
[3]> (subtypep 'string '(vector nil))
NIL ;
[4]> (subtypep '(vector nil) 'string)
T ;
[5]> (subtypep '(vector character) 'string)
T ;
[6]>

i.e., this tests the weird consequence of the spec that
1. there must be arrays of element type nil
2. they must be considered strings.

since cmucl does not implement those corner cases,
you should merely disable the tests marked with (:nil-vectors-are-strings).

--
Sam Steingold <http://sds.podval.org>