CVS repository migration completed!

Erik Huelsmann ehuels at gmail.com
Tue May 12 16:34:35 UTC 2015

Hi all,

This mail is to announce - with great pleasure, I must add - that today the
last batch of CVS repositories was converted to Git+GitLab, meaning that
CVS is now officially deprecated on common-lisp.net! Again nobody opted to
migrate to Subversion+Trac.

At this point, we have:

 379 Git repositories ("projects")
 395 GitLab users
 435 Groups ("common-lisp.net projects")

Thanks to everybody who helped make the migrations complete smoothly.

It's possible that you find repositories for projects which used to have
their main ("canonical") project repository on common-lisp.net, but which
have their main repository now elsewhere, e.g. on GitHub.com or GitLab.com.
If this is the case, we probably converted an old repository. Please report
these cases so we can set up mirrorring from the canonical source to the
gitlab.common-lisp.netrepository. That way we don't serve outdated content.
Thanks in advance!

Next steps include dismantling the CVS infrastructure on the box as well as
moving on to migrating the Darcs repositories to Git+GitLab in the same way
as has happened with the CVS repositories.

--
Bye,

Erik.

http://efficito.com -- Hosted accounting and ERP.