Intended policy changes for mailing list setup

Erik Huelsmann ehuelsmann at common-lisp.net
Thu Feb 19 10:41:38 UTC 2015

Dear common-lisp.net users, mailing list owners,

You're receiving this message because you're listed as a mailing list owner
or because you have a common-lisp.net login account. If you have different
mail addresses associated with both, you may get multiple copies. Apologies
for that in advance.

We're sending this mail to announce policy changes intended to be executed
as of March 15th regarding mailing list setup. [For further discussion,
please direct to clo-devel at common-lisp.net.]

Changes to mailing list headers and footer
   signature of the original sender
 * Adding the e-mail footer may invalidate the e-mail's DKIM signature

Since Google, Yahoo! and other big mail providers are moving to signing
their outgoing mail, the percentage of invalid mail sent by common-lisp.net
increases. This hurts our reputation as a mail sender and has led to problems
with Google accepting common-lisp.net mail. (Admitted, DKIM was not the only
reason.)

Due to the above, we will change the mailing list setup for all mailing lists:
 * No longer add the mailing list subject prefix
 * No longer add the mailing list footer
 * Add the List-* headers as per RFC-2369,
   filtering of mailing list messages can be done using these fields

Change to moderation expiration