[ann] [closer-announce] New version of ContextL (v0.6)

Pascal Costanza pc at p-cos.net
Fri Dec 4 21:19:06 UTC 2009

Hi,

I have just released a new version of ContextL. Here are the new features:

+ ContextL now supports delimited first-class dynamic environments and DYNAMIC-WIND. Due to popular demand, these feature can be used independently of the rest of ContextL, by way of using a separate system definition. (In that case, no features of CLOS MOP are used, so this should run in any ANSI-compliant Common Lisp implementation.)

+ Added support for Embeddable Common Lisp and resurrected support for Macintosh Common Lisp. Unfortunately, the CLOS MOP of Scieneer Common Lisp is too weak, so I cannot support ContextL there (yet).

+ Dependencies on portable-threads and trivial-garbage are removed - these libraries are no longer necessary for ContextL to work.

+ Improved use of synchronization features in multi-threaded Common Lisp implementations.

+ Lots of special thanks to the following people who provided useful patches and comments: Willem Broekema, Theam Yong Chew, Alexander Gravilov, Attila Lendvai, and Tobias Rittweiler. Extra special thanks to Duane Rettig (of Franz Inc.) and Martin Simmons (of LispWorks Ld.) for helping with Allegro-specific and LispWorks-specific issues.

Pascal

--
Pascal Costanza, mailto:pc at p-cos.net, http://p-cos.net
Vrije Universiteit Brussel