[ann] [drakma-announce] New version 0.5.5 (Was: Closing streams with :want-stream t)

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Mon Feb 5 00:22:02 UTC 2007

On Sat, 03 Feb 2007 13:10:31 -0800, Chris Dean <ctdean at sokitomi.com> wrote:

> Regardless, if I make that change I still see the leak.
>
> I have a data set I can send off-list if anyone is interested.

OK, thanks for the data.  I think I've found the leak: It happened if
there was a redirect and the server explicitely wanted to close the
first connection, the one which sent the 302.  Drakma realized that it
couldn't re-use the socket stream and created a new one, but it
"forgot" to close the old one.

Please try the new release and see if you still have the same
problems.

Thanks for the bug report,
Edi.