[Alexandria-devel] add COPY-STREAM-CONTENT-INTO-{STRING, BYTE-VECTOR}?

Jan Moringen jmoringe at techfak.uni-bielefeld.de
Sun Oct 5 11:17:51 UTC 2014

Hi,

in my experience, READ-FILE-INTO-{STRING,BYTE-VECTOR} are very handy.
However, maybe half of the time I already receive an open stream and
need something like R-F-I-{S,B-V} but for streams.

I already submitted the attached patch in mid 2012. Nikodemus didn't
want to introduce new functions at that time. Please consider it again.

The patch adds the functions
COPY-STREAM-CONTENT-INTO-{STRING,BYTE-VECTOR} which implement this
feature. Despite the new toplevel functions, little new code is
introduced since R-F-I-{S,B-V} can be implemented in terms of the new
functions.

Thanks in advance and kind regards,
Jan