[alexandria-devel] Add SUBDIVIDE to alexandria

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 05:26:52 UTC 2012

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 2:06 AM, Robert Smith <quad at symbo1ics.com> wrote:
> I am perfectly okay with adding this as public domain!
>
> I can already hear the complaints about using tail recursion.

There is no problem with tail-recursion in such a small domain.

The problem is when tail-recursion is used to implement a
decentralized event loop, relying on proper tail calls to not run out
of stack; then this needs to be document, and care taken to ensure the
implementation supports proper tail calls and is not de-optimizing
them away. Things would be easier if there were a library (that
ptc.asd purported to be but failed) that actually helped ensure that
either proper tail calls are supported or an error is thrown at
compile-time.

I have an issue with lack of a clear process to get something into Alexandria.
I'd like there be a guaranteed way (as much as there are in the open
source world)
to get a patch either accepted or rejected within a few days, a week at most,
with two people on call for review at all time.

And/or I want another library in which utilities can be speedily updated.

Wealth, like happiness, is never attained when sought after directly. It comes
as a by-product of providing a useful service. — Henry Ford