[alexandria-devel] Question about FORMAT-SYMBOL

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 17:21:29 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 11:12 AM, Zach Beane <xach at xach.com> wrote:
> Faré <fahree at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Also can alexandria depend on asdf?
>
> I very much hope not. I do not want to see any new practices that make
> it more difficult to replace ADSF when the time comes.
>
> ASDF is not a utility library.

OK. So what about alexandria duplicate and export all the utilities in asdf?

Alternatively, I could have a library called asdf-utils that imports
and reexports those utilities, and somehow guarantees a stable
interface, even if asdf is not used.

As for replacing ASDF, I'm the first want to want that. Do you have
any better plan than XCVB? (Or a plan that XCVB could follow to be
more successful?)

I'd rather write programs that write programs than write programs — Dick Sites