[alexandria-devel] Alexandria in git?

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 17:51:16 UTC 2010

> I personally find git *much* more convenient to work with -- but this
> is very likely just due to knowing it far better than Darcs.

after getting a reasonably proficiency with git, i still prefer darcs,
especially its ability to easily pull patches out of order. as we are
running several instances of our codebase of ~100 dependencies, i
often meet the need to pull a fix while not pulling a non-backwards
compatible change somewhere. with darcs it's trivial.

so, this is a down vote from me, but i won't feel bad if alexandria is
moved to git, so feel free!

but next time we meet IRL, we must discuss this, because i'd like to
understand the background of your preference... (but please don't
waste time on mails about git/darcs, just do the conclusion, whatever
it will be).

--
 attila

ps: if we want to move to darcs2, i can help with the conversion...
although it's only interesting if we have long-lasting high traffic
branches, which is not the case with alexandria.