[alexandria-devel] eval-always, defun-always, etc...

Michael Weber michaelw+alexandria at foldr.org
Fri Oct 16 08:14:46 UTC 2009

On Oct 16, 2009, at 09:50 , Attila Lendvai wrote:

> I) add an eval-always to alexandria-devel
> II) add a defun-always to alexandria-devel avoid the entire need for
> a wrapper

> III) ?

Don't add any of these kludges, and instead reorganize code such that
EVAL-WHEN is not sprinkled throughout the code.

E.g., all code that's needed in the compilation stage goes into files
separate from run-time code, with only one EVAL-WHEN per file.  This
has the additional advantage that one can easily test whether the
stages are properly separated by just loading the "compilation stage"
files.  IOW, let's pretend CL had proper stage separation.

--
Cheers,
Michael