[alexandria-devel] curry and rcurry -> papply and rpapply?

szergling senatorzergling at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 06:47:14 UTC 2009

Hi Alexandrians,

I believe curry and rcurry are the wrong names for the current
functions in Alexandria. See the following for example,

http://srfi.schemers.org/srfi-26/mail-archive/msg00000.html
http://srfi.schemers.org/srfi-26/mail-archive/msg00015.html

What about papply or partial-apply? Or maybe p-apply? This way, The
reversed version might be called rp-apply. Otherwise
reverse-partial-apply?

I am aware that this is a common usage/mistake in CL, but Alexandria
doesn't have to perpetuate this error. An unfortunate downside is
breaking backwards compatibility. I'm not sure what Alexandria's
policy is regarding this...

I'm happy to send patches if this renaming is agreed upon.

Theam Yong Chew