[alexandria-devel] COPY-FILE conflict.

Tobias C. Rittweiler tcr at freebits.de
Sun Nov 23 15:24:57 UTC 2008

Here's Edi's reply. Sounds to me like a backdown due to time issues. I
still think the io.lisp stuff would make more sense in cl-fad than in
alexandria. Perhaps there's anyone who wants to take over the
maintainship of cl-fad?

(Richard Kreuter would be my candidate of choice. Richard, are you on
the list?)

  -T.

Edi's reply:

  On Sat, 22 Nov 2008 15:58:53 +0100, "Tobias C. Rittweiler" wrote:

  > I'd like to hear Edi's opinion about the stuff in io.lisp[*], and
  > whether he considers it appropriate for CL-Fad's "thin library"
  > scope.

  Generally, I'd like to keep CL-FAD as small as possible as it was from
  the beginning intended to be some kind of least common denominator
  lib.  (In fact, it came to life as a more or less literal copy of
  Peter's code from his book.)  Adding more stuff potentially adds more
  headache as it has to work the same on all supported platforms.  Not
  to mention that I currently don't have much time to maintain my
  libraries anyway.

  So, my vote would be to keep things as they are.  Symbol conflicts are
  things we have to live with anyway.

  Cheers,
  Edi.