[alexandria-devel] COPY-FILE conflict.

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 12:09:16 UTC 2008

> WITH-INPUT-FROM-FILE, WITH-OUTPUT-TO-FILE: don't like. :DIRECTION
> :INPUT / :OUTPUT is just as good, saved keypresses not worth the
> opacity. (This is something a lot of people end up macroexpanding, I
> think, because it is not obvious that there isn't additional magic
> going on.)

fwiw, since then i've extended them a little to help portability by
treating :exeternal-format nil as the default external format.

> COPY-FILE, COPY-STREAM: ok. (Don't understand the FORCE-OUTPUT in
> COPY-STREAM though: FINISH-OUTPUT or nothing would make sense to me,
> but the weak guarantee of FORCE-OUTPUT doesn't.)

:force-output was a thinko... those two names always confuse me unless
i reread the docs.

pushed some fixes, including the docstrings, but it does not change my
position on the issue, so feel free to move things.

--
 attila