[alexandria-devel] ensure-functionf

Knut Olav Bøhmer bohmer at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 11:44:39 UTC 2008

2008/11/17 Tobias C. Rittweiler <tcr at freebits.de>:
> "Knut Olav Bøhmer" <bohmer at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> "ensure-function" is best defined like this:
>> (defun coerce-function (sym)
>>   (coerce sym 'function))
>
> No, it's not. (COERCE ... 'function) takes literal lambda expressions,
> but ENSURE-FUNCTION should not.

I have probably not understood how to use ensure-function.
So I looked in to the functions.lisp file to check it out. But, I'm
still not sure what would be wrong about sending ensure-function a
literal-lambda expression. Explain please :)
It would fit it's name better if it took a lambda list, though.

Another function I found is disjoint. And according to google: Two
sets are disjoint if they have no element in common.
To me, that is like XOR, while Alexandrias definition of disjoint, is
more like OR. Am I wrong again?

--
Knut Olav Bøhmer