[alexandria-devel] UNWIND-PROTECT-CASE

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 12:05:57 UTC 2008

> >  UNWIND-PROTECT-CASE can be used to conveniently control on what
>  >  circumstances cleanup operations are supposed to be performed.
>
>  +1 from me.

i'd be happy to push this, but imho the extra argument is unnecessary.
i understand that it is a tiny bit more flexible in rare situations
like:

(unwind-protect-case (aborted-p)
        (random 42)
      (:always (when aborted-p ...)))

but those are mostly covered by the three :always, :normal, :abort cases.

and it introduces an extra argument for unwind-protect-case which
makes it look less like unwind-protect.

these are my 0.02, but i won't do anything on my own in this question
unless others express their opinions, too.

--
 attila