[alexandria-devel] symbolicate

Nikodemus Siivola nikodemus at random-state.net
Thu Jun 5 11:37:28 UTC 2008

2008/6/5 Stelian Ionescu <sionescu at common-lisp.net>:

> that it does the wrong thing on "modern" lisps, in that
> (format-symbol t "FOO-~A-BAR" 'baz) yields something that prints
> |FOO-baz-BAR| , while (symbolicate '#:foo 'baz '#:bar) works fine

I'm not sure I care if something works in a non-standard system -- for
something as non-standard as Allegro "modern" mode. ...but granted,
there are people who may have to care, and they will want to avoid
hardcoding strings in FORMAT-SYMBOL if the resulting symbol is a
user-visible one.

SYMBOLICATE is good.

Cheers,

 -- Nikodemus