[alexandria-devel] symbolicate

Nikodemus Siivola nikodemus at random-state.net
Thu Jun 5 09:55:30 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 12:29 PM, Attila Lendvai
<attila.lendvai at gmail.com> wrote:

>> FWIW, I think FORMAT-SYMBOL is almost always preferable, but I admit

> (symbolicate '#:foo- name '#:-bar)
>
> which looks like this using format-symbol:
>
> (format-symbol t "~A-~A-~A" '#:foo name '#:bar)

...I did say "almost' :)

But what's wrong with

 (format-symbol t "FOO-~A-BAR" name)

? If you use symbolicate you still the the case in effect at the time
CFFI was compiled, so "case concerns" are not convincing.

> which is much more verbose for this kind of task. so, i think they
> both have their own places where they are are useful.

...I do agree, SYMBOLICATE does have it's place.

Cheers,

 -- Nikodemus