[alexandria-devel] Re: approval request

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Tue Jun 3 10:04:22 UTC 2008

[resending to alexandria-devel at common-lisp.net]

"Attila Lendvai" <attila.lendvai at gmail.com> writes:

> hi Marco,
>
> we would like to copy and/or modify some of your work you have done in
> Arnesi and add it to Alexandria. if you approve it, could you please
> answer publicly?

i approve.

since the copyright notice at the end of io.lisp reads (in part):

;;  - Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
;;    notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
;;
;;  - Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
;;    notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
;;    documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.

i'm also rescinding these conditions. iow you do not need to keep my
name and copyright in the copyright of alexandria, i'd appreciate it if
you mentioned where you got the code from (so that any future patches
could make their way back to arnesi) but you have no legal obligation to
do so.

--
-Marco
Ring the bells that still can ring.