[admin] Requesting project space for a lisp based database stored procedure generator (and some other questions)

Gary King gwking at metabang.com
Tue Sep 2 21:40:39 UTC 2008

Hi David,

Your project looks interesting.

The easiest license is something like the MIT or BSD ones; if you want
to be more LGPL, then you'll probably want the LLGPL that Franz first
used.

In order to set up a project, you'll need an account. In order to get
an account, you'll need to send us you PGP public key (use  gpg --
armor --export gwking at metabang.com to output it (only don't use my e-
mail address! <smile>)). You'll also need a project name (it reminds a
tiny bit of parenscript so maybe you could play with something like
sqlscript).

HTH,

On Aug 28, 2008, at 12:33 AM, David Creelman wrote:

> Hi,
> My name is David Creelman and I've been working on a personal lisp
> project (which I'm having trouble giving a name...) that I'd like to
> open source.
> Could you perhaps recommend a lisp friendly open source licence to me?
> The project is not quite finished, but can already produce some
> useful outputs.
>
> So, what does it do?
>
> At the moment I can type the following in lisp :-
>
> (defproc mysqlproc ()
>  (setv j 23.2)
> (sprint j)
>  (if (< j 0) (print j)))
>
> Which will 'compile' to the following MSSQL :-
>
> create procedure mysqlproc as
> begin
>   declare @j decimal(3,2)
>   set @j = 23.2
>   print @j
>   if @j < 0
>   print @j
> end
>
> So, as you can see, it's in it's early days and it is also a
> learning test bed on lisp for me.
>
> My plan is firstly to support most of the important data
> manipulation commands (select/insert/update) and then maybe some
> data definition concepts (create/alter/drop table), though I may
> look at how to integrate this into clsql, which I think does this
> kind of thing.
>
> I'm also going to get it to work with Oracle stored procs. If I'm
> feeling very ambitious I may end up making it work on sqlite (by
> making it generate executable code rather than stored procs) and a
> simple lisp based database as well.
>
> Could you let me know if/when it would be possible to set up a place
> for this on common-lisp.net?
>
> Thanks for your time.
>
> Regards
> David