[admin] Account Request

Elliott Slaughter elliottslaughter at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 05:51:30 UTC 2008

On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 4:27 PM, Elliott Slaughter
<elliottslaughter at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 23, 2008 at 3:55 PM, Gary King <gwking at metabang.com> wrote:
> >
> > My apologies for the delay; I've just reset your password.
>
> Now, I'm not sure how to actually upload my project to
> common-lisp.net. I thought it would be enough to tar and upload my
> local darcs repository, but darcs on common-lisp.net complains that it
> is not a repository when I try darcs changes or darcs show files, and
> complains that it is when I try darcs init. Is there a better way to
> do this?

After fiddling with the repository a bit, I found out that
common-lisp.net has darcs version 1 installed, causing my version 2
repository to fail. What I ended up doing to fix the problem was to
install the newest darcs in ~/bin, and added it to PATH in ~/.profile
to allow me to use the new version.

Is this the right thing to do? Does anyone else on common-lisp.net use
darcs 2? What do they do to solve this? (And would it cause any
incompatibilities with old projects to upgrade the darcs
installation?)

> And once I have my repository up, how do I make it publicly available?

After reading the darcs manual, I linked my repository into the
~/public_html directory to make it publicly available. I believe this
is the correct way to do this, but if there is a better way, I'd like
to hear of it.

Thanks.

--
Elliott Slaughter

"Any road followed precisely to its end leads precisely nowhere." -
Frank Herbert