[admin] mailing lists

Ingvar ingvar at hexapodia.net
Fri May 30 14:16:16 UTC 2008

Gary writes:
> In case this gets monitored anywhere, I just deleted about 20-mailing
> lists (all of them mine). I wonder if we should rethink the standard
> setup: of announce, devel and cvs for every project. I suspect many of
> them aren't used.

It's probably worth asking if the mailing lists are wanted on project
creation. Some may want them, some may not. I'm quite happy for them for my
two projects, but I can see that some projects may not want them.

I am also wondering if it's worth changing the default allow for
@common-lisp... senders for the lists, I've seen at least one spam get through
to noctool-devel, there was another on another list a while ago and I've had a
couple caught by the moderation filter on noctool-devel since I changed what
was and wasn't let through automatically from non-subscribers.

//Ingvar