[admin] Re: time to update cvsd

Drew Crampsie drew.crampsie at gmail.com
Mon May 26 18:14:27 UTC 2008

Hey Gary,

2008/5/26 Gary King <gwking at metabang.com>:
> Hi Drew,
>
> We're running version 1.0.7 of cvsd; the latest version is 1.0.14. Is there
> a reason that we have not updated?

Yeah, same reason we have not updated apache, perl, mysql, postgres,
etc etc etc... the machine can't be upgraded to a modern distro, and
the distro its running is ancient.

I've got a machine all ready, as i've mentioned, to move cl-net to.
I'm just in the middle of a time-sucking contract, and thought i
expected to be finished months ago, the client has other ideas :|.

If it will do any good, i can provision the Xen instance whenever i
feel like it, and we can start moving things over. I just have
absolutely no time for at least another couple of weeks. We need to
document the services we offer and the software we run in order to
support those services, etc etc... it's a big job!

One idea i have for the move is to setup various dns pointers to the
various services cl=net runs (cvs.common-lisp.net, git, ftp. ssh.
etc). This way we could in theory move them around when things get
crazy. What think you?

Anyways, i'm digressing.. cvs is old because all of cl-net is old and
in need of update.

drewc