[admin] Account Request

Elliott Slaughter elliottslaughter at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 23:50:11 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 1:23 AM, Nikodemus Siivola
<nikodemus at random-state.net> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 7:27 PM, Elliott Slaughter
> <elliottslaughter at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Huh, it seems licence requirements have vanished from the clnet
> website -- or maybe they never ended up there in the first place, not
> sure.
>
> At any rate, Common-Lisp.net has since it's inception been open to all
> open source / free software projects building on Common Lisp. No
> implemention specific restrictions. That said, clnet is for *public*
> code. If you use clnet to store your personal code without releasing
> it into the open, that's not in the spirit of the service provided.

Thought so, just making sure :-)

> My *biased* recommendation is the MIT licence
> <http://www.opensource.org/licenses/mit-license.php>, but whatever
> suits *your* needs is fine: in the absence of a public notice on the
> clnet site, assume that any license which fulfills DFSG
> <http://www.debian.org/social_contract#guidelines> is fine.

Thanks for the advice. Any particular reason you like the MIT license?
(I know MIT is less restrictive than the GPL, but I really don't know
much more than that.)

--
Elliott Slaughter

"Any road followed precisely to its end leads precisely nowhere." -
Frank Herbert