Fwd: [admin] logging in to perform maintenance for cl-muproc -- assistance needed

Gary King gwking at metabang.com
Fri Jan 4 17:34:34 UTC 2008

Hi Drew,

I tried to change Klaus's PGP key by copying out the old one and
putting the attachment into the file pubkey.asc and then fixing the
permissions. The directory now looks like:

total 12
lrwxrwxrwx  1 kharbo users   18 May 14  2006 cl-muproc -> /project/cl-
muproc/
drwxr-xr-x  2 kharbo users    8 May 14  2006 obsolete/
-rw-r--r--  1 kharbo users 1418 May  4  2006 old-pubkey.asc
-rw-r--r--  1 kharbo users 1765 Jan  4 12:23 pubkey.asc
-rw-------  1 kharbo users   34 May  4  2006 trac-info.txt
clnet:/home/kharbo#

But when I try to the reset-password.sh script, I get

> clnet:/home/kharbo# /custom/bin/reset-passwd.sh kharbo
> Key id: 4B7EEC6C
> gpg: 4B7EEC6C: skipped: public key not found
> gpg: [stdin]: encryption failed: public key not found
> Take the above encrypted message and send it to the user.
> klaus at mu.dk
> clnet:/home/kharbo#

So I'm guessing that the key id is recorded elsewhere; what should I
do to resolve this?

thanks,

Begin forwarded message: