[admin] Requesting project space for a lisp based database stored procedure generator (and some other questions)

David Creelman creelman.david at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 04:33:03 UTC 2008

Hi,
My name is David Creelman and I've been working on a personal lisp project
(which I'm having trouble giving a name...) that I'd like to open source.
Could you perhaps recommend a lisp friendly open source licence to me?
The project is not quite finished, but can already produce some useful
outputs.

So, what does it do?

At the moment I can type the following in lisp :-

(defproc mysqlproc ()
 (setv j 23.2)
(sprint j)
 (if (< j 0) (print j)))

Which will 'compile' to the following MSSQL :-

create procedure mysqlproc as
begin
  declare @j decimal(3,2)
  set @j = 23.2
  print @j
  if @j < 0
  print @j
end

So, as you can see, it's in it's early days and it is also a learning test
bed on lisp for me.

My plan is firstly to support most of the important data manipulation
commands (select/insert/update) and then maybe some data definition concepts
(create/alter/drop table), though I may look at how to integrate this into
clsql, which I think does this kind of thing.

I'm also going to get it to work with Oracle stored procs. If I'm feeling
very ambitious I may end up making it work on sqlite (by making it generate
executable code rather than stored procs) and a simple lisp based database
as well.

Could you let me know if/when it would be possible to set up a place for
this on common-lisp.net?

Thanks for your time.

Regards
David