[admin] New Project: cl-net-snmp

Chun Tian (binghe) binghe.lisp at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 04:27:50 UTC 2007

Hi, admin

I'm a Chinese Linux Administrator and Lisp Programmer. Recently I'm
working on a new project, it's a Common Lisp interface of the famous
Simple Network Management Protocol implementation called Net-SNMP[1].
With the package, Lisp users can easily write some network management
program.

I use CFFI[2] to build a Net-SNMP C interface, so my project can run on
most CLs. I design CLOS interface which can be used quite easily then
Net-SNMP's C interface. After several days, I got 600 line code, and It
can do the most basic thing now. I'll continue coding, but hope a open
project on common-lisp.net, maybe people can help improve it.

Compare to Lisp-SNMP[3] project, which implement SNMP manually, my
project use net-snmp's C interface, can easily be FULL SNMP support.
Lisp-SNMP is some old, and hard to extend.

* My Full Name: Chun Tian (binghe)
* GPG public keys in attach. (binghe.asc)
* SSH Public key in attach. (binghe.pub)
* Description of project: Common Lisp interface for Net-SNMP (cl-net-snmp)
* Project name: cl-net-snmp
* license in attach: (copyright, BSD like)
* Initial Source Code for Demo use in attach (cl-net-snmp_0.01.tar.gz)

Thanks very much!

Chun Tian (binghe)

[1] (Net-SNMP) http://www.net-snmp.org
[2] (CFFI) http://common-lisp.net/project/cffi/