[admin] cl-bio project request

Cyrus Harmon cyrus at cyrusharmon.org
Fri Nov 3 19:28:06 UTC 2006

Hi folks,

I've started a project for representing biological sequences called
cl-bio. Perhaps one day this package will have a reasonable subset of
the functionality in the BioPerl project (not the lispy naming
analogy, I like to think cl-bio is a more appropriate name than the
(taken) BioLisp name), but for the moment it allows for flexible and
efficient representation of biological sequences such as DNA , RNA
and protein sequences and for working with ranges on these sequences
and identifiers to name the sequences. I think this would make a good
project for common-lisp.net.

Thanks,

Cyrus