[admin] CL-STM project application

Hoan Ton-That hoan at ton-that.org
Wed May 24 10:54:43 UTC 2006

Hello,

I'm doing a project funded by the Google Summer of Code.
I would really appreciate if it could be hosted on common-lisp.net
with a darcs repository, and a mailing list.  My ssh key is attached.

CL-STM is an extension of Common Lisp to support composable Software
Transactional Memory.  STM makes concurrent programming qualitatively
better.  Instead of traditional lock-based programming, you
program with atomic transactions.  Atomic transactions can be composed
together to make larger atomic transactions.  Finally, it just so
happens that transactions run in parallel, and are rolled back if
there are conflicts.

STM gives us freedom from deadlock, automatic roll-back on failure,
and it resolves the tension between granularity and concurrency.

CL-STM will be released under a BSD licence.

Thanks very much, I hope you have a good day.

Hoan