[admin] forwarding (shell.)common-lisp.net:443 to :22?

Andreas Fuchs asf at boinkor.net
Thu Mar 23 14:51:11 UTC 2006

Hi,

Joerg Hoehle just told me an interesting story: his employer's firewall
doesn't allow outgoing connections to port 22, so he can't commit to any
of common-lisp.net's repositories. However, it does allow connections to
port 443.

shell.sourceforge.net, as bad as it may be, forwards port 443 to port
22. Nothing on common-lisp.net listens on port 443 at the moment, but
https://common-lisp.net/ may become interesting in the future, so you'd
have to set up some kind of port forwarding on another IP address. If
you don't have any left, I could set up a simple port forwarding service
for ssh on my machine (I have about 2 to 3 unused IP addresses free).

Please tell me if you're interested. Thanks,
--
Andreas Fuchs, (http://|im:asf@|mailto:asf@)boinkor.net, antifuchs