[admin] Hosting ECL?

Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll jlr at rzg.mpg.de
Sat Mar 18 12:48:17 UTC 2006

Dear Sir/Madam,

my name is Juanjo Garcia Ripoll and I am the maintainer of the
Common-Lisp
implementation ECL.

ECL is a community sustained project which has long been hosted at
SourceForge.
However, in the last months SourceForge has failed to provide us with
reliable
anonymous access to CVS, something that ECL definitely needs -- due to
fast
development, we rather rely on CVS access instead of releases.

Hence, I would like to apply for a source repository at the
Common-Lisp archive. We do
not need much space, only the CVS repository and a homepage that will
probably be a
straightforward redirection to the old ecls.sf.net domainname. In
particular I would rather
have no mailing lists in common-lisp, as there is already a
low-traffic one in SourceForge
and having more mailing lists will lead to duplication and confusion.

Would this be possible? Are there any special requirements for the
hosting at Common-
Lisp? In particular, I mean whether this is free and whether there are
copyright issues
regarding the ownership of the project and of the data.

Regards,

Juanjo

Max-Planck-Institut für Quantenoptik (www.mpq.mpg.de)
Hans-Kopfermann-Str. 1, 85748, Garching bei München, GERMANY
Ph: +49 (89) 32905 345