[admin] list of tasks, etc

Erik Enge erik.enge at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 15:48:44 UTC 2006

On 1/3/06, Gary King <gwking at metabang.com> wrote:
> Is there a list of tasks and to-dos for the Common-Lisp.net website,
> maintenance, etc. I'd like to help in the interstitial moments of my
> time. I'm also still intending to figure out Round-up and get that to
> work on the site (unless someone prefers something else or thinks we
> should work with all CL solutions).

Round-up as in the Python issue tracker?

No, there's not currently a public list.  I have a private one but
it's on my workstation at home.  I think I remember most of it:

  - move clnet to new server (in progress)
  - write app to make managing projects more decentralized
  - block admin list for non-subscribers (to avoid spam)
  - update frontpage so it's clear what we are and that there
    are more parts to the community than just us
  - compile a newer sbcl
  - make the projects.shtml an automatically updating page
  - make the 5-most-recent-projects on the front page automatically
    updated, too
  - make macho work again or remove the link to it
  - create statistics
   - number of users/projects (avg user per project, etc)
   - number of CVS operations
   - number of downloads per project
    - stick this number into a file which can be SSI included by
      the various projects if they feel like it
  - set up paypal link on the front page

And I'm probably forgetting something.

Help would be very much appreciated!  I think probably in the area of
mundane administration such as approving and creating projects so that
users applying won't have to wait for one individual to do this
(timezones etc.) although I'll certainly take help any way I can get
it.  I'll be busy preparing for the move to the new server the rest of
this week but once that's complete we can start making a roadmap for
how to proceed with the remaining tasks and which to do when.

Thanks,
Erik.