[admin] project creation request: modisc

Ranjan Srivastava ranjan at engr.uconn.edu
Sun Feb 19 02:40:48 UTC 2006

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing to request the creation of a project page for a software
application my research group has been developing.  The application
allows the researcher to carry out Bayesian-based model
discrimination analysis.  We believe that this tool will be of great
interest to the bioinformatics. computational biology, and metabolic
engineering communities.  We have already published one paper using
this approach (http://bioinformatics.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/content/
abstract/21/8/1668) and have recently submitted another paper for
publication.  We will be submitting a third paper within a matter of
days in which our software is discussed in detail.  Ideally we would
like to make this software  available via the Common-Lisp.net web site.

The details requested from the Common-Lisp.net webpages regarding the
project are provided below.

PI Name:  Ranjan Srivastava
Project Name:  MoDisc
Project Summary/Description:  MoDisc is a Bayesian-based model
discrimination program used to identify the most probable model out
of a pool of postulated models given a set of experimental data.
License:  FreeBSD
Language:  All code is written in Common Lisp using LispWorks.
Although the vast majority of the code is ANSI, some CAPI elements
are utilized.

If any further information is required, please do not hesitate to let
me know.

Thank you for your time and help.  And more generally, thank you for
the service you are providing to the Common Lisp community.

Best regards,
Ranjan
--
Ranjan Srivastava