[admin] New project cl-json

Henrik Hjelte henrik at evahjelte.com
Wed Feb 1 17:08:31 UTC 2006

According to the instructions:
Send an email to admin (at) common-lisp (dot) net with details about
your project (your full name, your gpg public key, description of
project, any members (and their full names), name of project and what
license the code is released under).

My full name:
Henrik Hjelte

GPG public key:

Name of project:
cl-json

cl-json is a JSON parser and generator in Common-Lisp.

More about JSON, see this quote from http://www.crockford.com/JSON/:

JSON (JavaScript Object Notation) is a lightweight data-interchange
format. It is easy for humans to read and write. It is easy for machines
to parse and generate. It is based on a subset of the JavaScript
Programming Language, Standard ECMA-262 3rd Edition - December 1999.
JSON is a text format that is completely language independent but uses
conventions that are familiar to programmers of the C-family of
languages, including C, C++, C#, Java, JavaScript, Perl, Python, and
many others. These properties make JSON an ideal data-interchange
language.

Members:
Henrik Hjelte

License:
I want a very liberal license. I am not very familiar with the different
license alternatives. I will choose the Lisp Lesser GPL if you don't
have a better advice.

JSON plays very nice with javascript, so I think it is a nice addition
particularly for web-hackers. The current state is that I have
everything needed for a first release, including testcases
(in fiveam), but no documentation. By the way I use darcs.

Yours sincerely,
Henrik Hjelte