[admin] New projects

Marijn Haverbeke marijnh at gmail.com
Sun Dec 10 17:59:41 UTC 2006

Hello,

A few weeks ago I received a common-lisp.net account (mhaverbeke), and I'd
like to add two more projects to it. If you could take a look at these and,
if they sound good, create the project dirs & mailing lists I would be much
obliged.

The first one is called Postmodern and is similar to CLSQL, but Postgresql
specific. This means it can use a lot of the cool stuff Postgresql provides
instead of aiming for a lowest common denominator. Other improvements are a
more general SQL-from-S-expressions syntax, a way to define your database
structure from Lisp, and not relying on C libraries (while still being
blindingly fast, of course).

The other one is positively tiny (a hundred lines, with comments), and can
be used to convert lisp floating point numbers to and from a binary
representation as defined by IEEE 754. If you'd rather not have a
proliferation of mini-projects I can just put this under Postmodern (which
uses it), and provide a separate tarball there.

Both are released under a BSD-style license.

Regards,
Marijn Haverbeke