[admin] clnet shell host - "No space left on device" /dev/sda1

Sean Champ gimmal at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 10:40:17 UTC 2006

Hello,

I had opened up a connection to my shell account at the clnet shell host,
tonight, when I had wanted to add a variable to my ~/.bash_profile, there.
Upon my trying to save the file, then I found this message from xemacs:
     Writing file: No space left on device, ~/.bash_profile

(Upon looking at the file, in the shell, then, I found that that file had been
zeroed. Such appears to have been an unfortunate consequence.)

My not wanting to altogether loose my ~/.bash_profile -- it was still opened
in XEmacs then -- I had tried to save the file, temporarily,
under /project/tioga/public_html/dot-something. It was then, when I found a
similar "no space left on device" message, repeated about that file.

Jumping to the end of this, I'm seeing the following from 'df' on clnet:

/dev/sda1             24083540  24083540         0 100% /
tmpfs                   516596         0    516596   0% /dev/shm
/dev/sda2              4177588   1650296   2527292  40% /var

I thought I should bring this to your attention.

Thank you.

--
Sean Champ