[admin] project request

Nick Allen nallen05 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 20:31:39 UTC 2006

Hello,

I'd like to apply for a common-lisp.net hosting for some code I wrote

Name: Nick Allen
GPG key: I don't have one yet, but I'll get one shortly
Project name: cl-component
License: BSD
Contributors: Nick Allen
examining dependencies between CLOS objects

provides a COMPONENT class that extends MAKE-INSTANCE,
REINITIALIZE-INSTANCE, etc with a :DIRECT-SUBCOMPONENTS keyword.

Instances of COMPONENT class can be examined with the following funtions

direct-subclasses
direct-superclasses

and both instances of COMPONENT class and lists of instances of
COMPONENT class can also be more thoroughly examined with the
following functions:

all-subclasses
all-superclasses

subcomponent-hierarchy
supercomponent-hierarchy

which also take an optional "test" and
"recurse-failed-subcomponent?"/"recurse-failed-supercomponent?" args
to allow the user to efficiently examine obfuscated nets while only
generating as many cons cells as are needed for the returned list.

There is also a simple metaprotocal to allow users to extend the
behavior of the COMPONENT class and its subclasses and some condition
stuff dealing with circular dependencies...

SUBCOMPONENT-HIERARCHY and SUPERCOMPONENT-HIERARCHY will hopefully be
useful for things like recompiling in order all supercomponents of an
arbitrary group of files from a defined system or loading an arbitrary
group of modules and their shared dependencies. Once I get an internet
home for the project I'm going to drop a line on c.l.l. and
cl-gardeners and see if there would be interest in starting a mailing
list to discuss what a system-definition facility based on this
library might look like...

thanks for your time

Nick