[admin] project request: cl+ssl

Mario S. Mommer mmommer at common-lisp.net
Mon Nov 7 18:36:56 UTC 2005

Hi,

Bad news from the project name front. Unix can't have a cl+ssl group
name, and our projects are managed in such a way that we need each
project name to be a group name.

As this isn't particularily enlightened, I could now stop with this
madness and allow project names and groupnames to differ (as they do
already wrt case). Within bounds, of course. So your project can call
itself cl+ssl, but the groupname would be, unless you sugest something
else, cl-plus-ssl. That would be in you directory, email lists, etc.

Unless, of course, you would prefer to change the name of the
project. People would tend to use the email handle anyway, and you
will bump into that little unix problem in all sorts of places, so
perhaps this is a better idea.

As soon as you decide on this, I open your project.

Reagards,
        Mario.