[admin] project hosting

Roland Averkamp roland.averkamp at gmx.net
Tue Mar 29 20:48:22 UTC 2005

Hello,
I would like to apply for the hosting of a project.
My Name is Roland Averkamp from Freiburg, Germany.
Currently I am the only project member.
The name of the project is plain-odbc.
The project is an ODBC interface for clisp.
It should become a simple, yet powerful lisp odbc interface,
without things like special reader syntax for sql, mapping of clos objects
to database
tables ...
I have a version that works, it supports queries, updates, stored procedure
calls with
in and out parameters. Working with Oracle, SQL-Server and MS-ACCESS on
Windows is
possible. Currently I am trying to get it running under Linux X86 with
unixodbc
and MySQL. Since I am using the lower layer of Paul Meurers sqlodbc module
and that
worked with clisp and cmucl, unixodbc, MySQL and PostgreSQL I do not expect
to much
problems.
The API could be improved, but I thought I make it available now, before
I make up my mind about further changes.
If you have a better suggestion for a name, please tell me.

The low level parts of the system consists of code from
Paul Meurers sqlodbc module. The upper layer was written by me.
Paul Meurer used for his code a license of his own design.
I intend to license my code under the BSD license, but I am flexible
concerning licensing.
Paul Meurer does not know that his code is used in the project.
I hope his license is not a problem.
I attached the license file to the mail.

Regards
Roland Averkamp

--
Handyrechnung zu hoch? Tipp: SMS und MMS mit GMX
Seien Sie so frei: Alle Infos unter http://www.gmx.net/de/go/freesms