[admin] Re: CVS machine status update

Mario Mommer mommer at igpm.rwth-aachen.de
Tue Mar 16 20:55:43 UTC 2004

Martin Cracauer <cracauer at cons.org> writes:
> 1) we move the CVS tree and user accounts to cl.net instantly.  This
>    is not a problem as intact copies of the CVS tree float around all
>    my machines.  People can arrange their user accounts with CL.net
>    directly.  I will push over files from the old homedirs as needed
>    on request.

Ok. It would be nice if you (or Ray, or Pierre, ...)  could send us a
list of the developers, so we know who to add. Please send it to
admin(at)common-lisp(dot)net.

We have the following policy on usernames: Initial of first name +
surname (mine, for example, is mmommer) - I hope this is OK.

To actually get an account, we need the PGP key (and the email adress)
of each developer, so we can send the temporary password. Just send it
to admin(at)common-lisp(dot)net with a small remark so we know. After
the first key arrives it won't be long before the project is up.

> 3) mailing lists are not affected.

Ok. So we /do not/ set them up in c-l.net. Can be changend in the
future.

> 4) cl.net can set up services as they see fit.  Low-volume services
>    can also be hosted on my German machine.

Every project gets webspace and ftp area, and I think it is easier for
us to set it up than not to set it up. It is ok not to use it.

We will do our best to keep old Murphy from messing with things too
much :-). I wish you and everybody good and better luck!

Regards,
        Mario.