[admin] New project - image

matthieu.villeneuve at free.fr matthieu.villeneuve at free.fr
Tue Mar 9 10:42:56 UTC 2004

Selon Mario Mommer <mommer at igpm.rwth-aachen.de>:
> Approved, although...
>
> > Project name: image
>
> ...i would like to ask you to think about it again. "image" is perhaps
> too canonical as a name. After all, it is not an image, but a library
> to manipulate images.
>
> IMHO, anyway.

Ok. I thought of the library as a kind of "canonical" one (hoping that
it becomes a de facto standard for image manipulation, with lots of
contributors and users), but that may seem too ambitious.

I had a hard time thinking about an alternate name, Nikodemus
suggested "imago" on #lisp, and I like it. Would that be valid?

Thanks,

--
Matthieu Villeneuve