[admin] Login Blues, Part II

Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Fri Jun 18 15:19:52 UTC 2004

Gents,

Hmmm. After rebooting (merely guessing this might be a possible factor),
I was no longer able to login via WinCVS. Tried twice to make sure I had
the new password right, which I have not changed since being given a new
one yesterday. This time I was smart enough to try logging in from
WinSCP, which seems to have better luck at this. Unfortunately this does
not work because "too many connect failures for ktilton". I do not know
if this means "the password is right, but we have seen too many failures
so this account is blocked" or whether it means "the password is wrong
/and/ we have seen...".

Hopefully it is the former and I just need ktilton reset. And given my
skill at logging in, maybe an order of magnitude more failures before
getting blocked? :)

Mind you, this does not explain why my last logins yesterday were
successful leading up to the WinCVS failures, but that can wait.

cheers, kenny

--
Home? http://tilton-technology.com
Cells? http://www.common-lisp.net/project/cells/