[admin] Re: Your common-lisp.net account

Nikodemus Siivola tsiivola at cc.hut.fi
Tue Jun 8 20:24:15 UTC 2004

On Tue, 8 Jun 2004, Edi Weitz wrote:

> > Please verify that you have access, and put you GPG public key in
> > your home directory as pubkey.asc. You can get GPG to export it with
> > the command "gpg --armor --export <name>".
>
> Just did that. What is this for?

Thank you. I should have explained this in the initial mail, of course.

We treat developer GPG public keys as an opaque identities: if we need to
confirm that the person we're dealing with tomorrow is the same
one that originally got the account, or eg. in order to send out a new
passwords encrypted.

Cheers,

 -- Nikodemus                   "Not as clumsy or random as a C++ or Java.
                             An elegant weapon for a more civilized time."