[admin] CVS lock and stuck processes in slime

Nikodemus Siivola tsiivola at cc.hut.fi
Fri Jul 2 17:05:08 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2 Jul 2004, Martin Simmons wrote:

> I'm not sure what it is safe to do here.  Maybe just kill the processes, which
> will delete the locks?

Should be fixed. (Killing the editor with ABRT should cancel the commit
nicely -- and seems to have done so).

In case the cvsroot suffered trauma from this, I made a pre-kill backup in
/tmp/slime_cvsroot.bak, owned by msimmon:slime -- which still contains the
locks, etc.

Cheers,

 -- Nikodemus                   "Not as clumsy or random as a C++ or Java.
                             An elegant weapon for a more civilized time."