[admin] project hosting

Mario Mommer mommer at igpm.rwth-aachen.de
Wed Jan 14 23:55:52 UTC 2004

Hi Tomek!

Tomek Lipski <lipski at z.pl> writes:
> I've started to write a tiny project implementing
> model-view-controller architecture under portable allegro serve
> (similiar to what is for allegro CL, but mine works under CMUCL).
> It supports session, cookies, forms, http request contexts (for
> request chains) and generally works, but still requires testing,
> optimization and many bells and whistles (like form validation).
> Of course i would like to host this project (with public domain license)
> on common-lisp.net.

Yikes, how do we handle that?

My only "problem" (it isn't really a problem) is that there should be
some sort of legal document (which can be a plain old text file, like
all the other licenses), that clearly states your intent.

You may want to take a look at

http://www.opensource.org/licenses/

and in particular

http://www.opensource.org/licenses/cpl.php

There is also the "short but sweet" option. It is essentially a public
domain license, as far as I understand: The MIT license

http://www.opensource.org/licenses/mit-license.php

So, up to this minor point, consider your project approved.

> My name is Tomek Lipski, i study Telecommunication in Warsaw, Poland
> and i'm still learning Common Lisp.

Welcome!

Regards,
        Mario.