[admin] Can't subscribe to `announcements' list

Erik Enge eenge at prium.net
Fri Jan 2 18:52:28 UTC 2004

Paolo Amoroso <amoroso at mclink.it> writes:

> Within the past few days I have tried a half dozen times to subscribe
> to the Common-Lisp.net `announcements' mailing list, but without
> success. In all cases I don't receive the automated confirmation
> request message.

I just tried it myself and it worked for me.  I see in the Exim logfiles
that emails are being sent to you:

  2004-01-01 14:48:07 1Ac8nd-0002vg-00 => amoroso-owner at mclink.it R=lookuphost T=remote_smtp H=mailhub.mclink.it [195.110.128.6]
  2004-01-01 14:48:07 1Ac8nd-0002vg-00 Completed

I'm not sure why Mailman sends it to <email>-owner but there's probably
some point to it.  Will that cause it to fail at your end?  I'd be happy
to correct anything that might be wrong at this end but I'm not sure
what that could be.

Erik.