[admin] request for hosting the Gsharp project

Robert STRANDH strandh at labri.fr
Wed Feb 11 05:24:51 UTC 2004

Hello,

I would like to have a project of mine (Gsharp) hosted at your site,
if possible.

Here is a project description:

    Gsharp is an interactive, extensible editor for musical scores.

    The goal of the project is to provide, as free software, an
    interactive score editor giving a high-quality presentation on the
    screen as well as on paper output

    This is a very ambitious project that has been going on for years,
    mainly because I only work on it part time, but also that the
    design of such a program is very difficult and I have had several
    bad starts and made several bad design decisions in the past.

    This time, things are looking much better, although the program is
    nowhere near completion.  Gsharp is now a pure Common Lisp
    application using CLIM, the Common Lisp Interface Manager, as its
    library for managing the graphic user interface.

Members will initially be me (Robert Strandh, strandh at labri.fr) and
Christophe Rhodes (csr21 at cam.ac.uk).

The license is GPL or LGPL according to whether the code is directly
related to the application or to reusable libraries.

Thanks in advance,
--
Robert Strandh

Greenspun's Tenth Rule of Programming: any sufficiently complicated C