[admin] Please host my project CL-EMB

Stefan Scholl stesch at no-spoon.de
Fri Aug 13 22:02:20 UTC 2004

Hi!

I'd like to put my project CL-EMB <http://www.cliki.net/CL-EMB>
on common-lisp.net

With CL-EMB you can embed Common Lisp into text files. It's not a
new concept. And you already have projects like CLHP and
HTML-TEMPLATE.

CL-EMB let's you do both: embed Common Lisp _and_ use a simple
template language.

Although it could be used with any kind of text file, I think
it's best placed with the other Web Programming projects.

Short description for the project overview:
Embedded Common Lisp and template system.

The license I've chosen is LLGPL. A big part (at least at this
early stage of the project) comes from code which is licensed
with the MIT license. So it's more a spin-off or fork. But I
wouldn't call it that. John Wiseman has put up a seed for similar
projects on his blog: http://lemonodor.com/archives/000128.html

        "Lots of people write their own version of LSP. It's kind
        of fun to implement, and a basic version is like a page
        of code so it only takes an hour or so. I just figured
        I'd save you a little time up front."

I'm the only member of the project team. My name is
Stefan Scholl. My registered nickname on IRC (FreeNode) is stesch

I use Subversion but I plan to mirror my SVN repository to the
common-lisp.net CVS with svn2cvs <http://svn2cvs.tigris.org/>.
That way the code can be reviewed online. It's read-only, but
as I'm the only member of the project team ...

As for the future of the project: I hope it will live longer than
some other projects on common-lisp.net. At least I'm planning to
use my own library extensive for my web projects.

And when I manage to write nearly as good documentation as Edi
Weitz does, I'll find some users of the library, too. :-)

As of this writing CL-EMB was just released. It's version 0.0.1

Hope to hear you soon. With a positive answer. You can reach me
by e-mail and on IRC.

Regards,
Stefan