[admin] request for anonymous rsync service

Eric Marsden emarsden at laas.fr
Fri Apr 23 15:35:47 UTC 2004

Hi,

Would it be possible to set up an anonymous rsync service at
common-lisp.net?  I have two use-cases in mind here:

   - the CMUCL web pages are hosted at cons.org/cmucl, but generated
     on the common-lisp.net machine. For the sychronization between
     the two (via a cron job), anon rsync would be better than ssh
     access, in order to avoid password management problems.

   - it would be a convenient way to update the CMUCL download
     mirrors.

The first case would be publishing the project web space over rsync,
and the second publishing the project's FTP space.

For the second case, which might increase your bandwidth load
noticeably, I think we could arrange to have one mirror site sync with
common-lisp.net, and the other mirrors syncing with the "master
mirror".

Thanks,

--
Eric Marsden                          <URL:http://www.laas.fr/~emarsden/>